Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Reading, Part I

I have had a crazy summer, with work and putting my house on the market...and while I have been steadily reading, I have NOT been steadily reviewing! That said, I didn't want to let more time go by without calling out six of my favorite summer reads so far:

So Happy Together by Maryann Mcfadden

The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand

The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews

Dune Road by Jane Green

Summer House by Nancy Thayer

Beach Trip by Cathy Holton

On a disappointing note, I was really looking forward to Return to Sullivan's Island by Dorothea Benton Frank and Last Light Over Carolina by Mary Alice Monroe, but I just couldn't stick with either one of them enough to finish.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I didn't accomplish as much reading as I wanted either. I think I always over plan on reading for the summer but there's always a lot going on.

bermudaonion said...

Sorry Last Light over Carolina didn't work for you - I loved it. Good luck selling your house.

Gwendolyn B. said...

I'm really looking forward to THE SUMMER HOUSE and THE FIXER-UPPER. Good to know they were standouts for you!

Darlene said...

Great choices. I loved The Castaways, Summer House and Beach Trip as well-they were so good. It's too bad you had a few not work out for you but that's the way it goes. Good luck selling your house!

Hazra said...

My summer reviewing was really bad. I had lots of work and was stuck without internet for a long time. I'm still catching up on my pending reviews.